Requirements for Fellowship
Each applicant for Fellowship with The Royal College of Dentists of Canada must meet the following requirements:
- Completed a dental specialty training program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) or by an organization with a reciprocal accreditation agreement with CDAC.
- Passed the RCDC Fellowship Examination.
- Submitted proof of licensure as a specialist in Canada or, if outside of Canada, be eligible for licensure to be recognized as a specialist in their home jurisdiction. As of June 2022, those who do not yet hold a license as a specialist may provide confirmation of eligibility for licensure issued by their regulator instead.
Specialists who provide proof of eligibility for licensure in lieu of a specialty license must provide proof of specialty licensure within one year of obtaining Fellowship within the College. Failure to do so will result in revoking of Fellowship status
Applicants for Fellowship may be accepted in the following nationally recognized dental specialties:
- Dental Public Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine and/or Oral Pathology
- Pediatric Dentistry
If you are interested in applying for Fellowship with The Royal College of Dentists of Canada, please click here to get more information about the application process.